is my carrier too small?

najla

So I purchased the baby ktan off facebook in a size xs because according to the website that’s my size. I’m having a hard time using it because it feels so tight. l was practicing with a teddy bear and it was high up on my chest like I couldn’t look down without hitting it then I tried putting baby in it but I was having a hard time putting the outer part on because it felt tight and he started getting fussy. Does this mean it’s too small?

@najla It’s possible that it’s too small but it may not necessarily be. It’s a stretchier material so once baby’s weight is in there it should stretch a bit to accommodate them. The teddy bear probably doesn’t weigh enough to pull the fabric into position. That being said It’s really hard to tell what was going on without a picture for a fit check too. How much does baby weigh?

@chiefofsinners97 is there different types? because mine doesn’t feel that stretchy but maybe i just thought it’d be different. I got too scared to put baby in it because I thought he felt uncomfortable but I can try again when he’s up. He’s currently 10 pounds

@najla It’s not super stretchy but it’s like a t-shirt so it has some stretch. They do have different materials but they’re all basically the same as far as stretch and support. 10lbs of baby should certainly provide enough weight to stretch it into position better than the teddy bear.

@najla Baby ktan also has this resource of wearing tips that helped me a lot! There’s a diagram for how to help stretch the material some more. I also found that washing in cold water and then stretching it once or twice while air drying helped me “break in” my ktan faster.

Back