Inexpensive video monitor?

sepheeme12

We currently have the Infant Optics DXR-8 video monitor, which I love. I’m thinking of getting a spare monitor to keep in the diaper bag. If we’re visiting friends or family we like to put the baby to sleep in a quiet room at his usual bedtime. We have a cheap v-tech audio only monitor, but since baby started rolling I want to get a video monitor.

I’m looking to spend $50 or less. I’d like to avoid wifi ones because I’ve heard of security issues with them. It needs infrared night vision, but I don’t need any other extras like 2-way talk or temperature monitor.

Any suggestions?

@sepheeme12 Wyze would work, but it is a WiFi camera. They're only $25 and work great. Look into it though, it has good reviews as far as data security goes. I don't see it working well for a mobile camera though. There are phone apps if you have an extra, or don't mind using the other parents phone while the baby is sleeping.

@angeleone We have the Wyze and it’s great and yes you’ll need wifi for the camera. We have the app on both my husband and my phone which is nice he checks on her while he was at work. Few key features of the Wyze cam:

• cheap (from amazon)

• has a two way speaker

• if you put a micro SD card in it you can activate the “playback” feature (aka rewind)

• can activate motion sensor OR sound sensor to give you an alert on your phone

Back