I need reassurance

juliamat

I know y’all are tired of hearing about this from me but I’m on day 4 of my placebo pills and still no bleed, i’ve been on birth control for 8 months and I always get a withdrawal bleed. last month it was really light and only lasted 2-3 days. i’m stressing out really bad. i wasn’t responsible this month and didn’t take my pills at the same time at all.

@juliamat Your pill has a 12 hour window. They don’t need to be at the same time every day. It’s normal for your withdrawal bleed to not happen or be lighter. If you don’t trust your pills, use condoms with them or look into a lower maintenance option.

@juliamat It’s normal not to bleed at all. It doesn’t matter if you take your combo pills at the same time or not, as long as it’s once a day. If you’re worried, take a test.

@juliamat Not having a withdrawal bleed or having one later in the placebo week is common, i for one don’t have one. And like personally I don’t have an issue with it.

While you did have sex 8 days ago you are still protected in your placebo week if you take your next pack on time, and anyways the sperm would be dead by now.

The pill thins the uterine lining (meaning if it is too thin there is none to shed and there is no bleed), thickens cervical mucus, and prevents ovulation. You don’t have a true period on the pill.

Tests are accurate 14 days after with first morning pee or 21 days after where you don’t have to do that. But it isn’t an uncommon occurrence

Back