I feel like a bad mum

terasee

My son is the only reason I'm alive otherwise my life is empty. I gave birth to him and started work one month after he was born because I could not afford the maternity allowance I was on. I'm working from home but only found out that Ill be going into office once a month and that upsets me. I don't want to leave my son because I love him beyond words. I'm also struggling with stress maybe postpartum depression because I drink everyday to cope. My liver aches me. My babys father visits twice a month. Im sleep deprived. I feel so overwhelmed I'm scared to mention this to my work because they obviously support me but also said they want to know how I'm doing "due to business needs". I said im doing well but I'm not. I'm scared Ill lose my Job if I'm honest as I only started 2 months ago. Im so overwhelmed that last night a few days ago, I couldn't move or do anything when my son was crying. I just laid there and was annoyed with his crying. My mother and sister came and took him out the room to comfort him. Then my mum argued with me just because I asked when was my son last fed so I could feed him. She said not long ago. I said what time and she said when we got back in from outting 5 hours ago. I said so why did you say not long ago. She got annoyed and snapped at me then we exchanged a few words then she suddenly said she's not a house girl and that she helped me" when I ignored my son". I didn't mean to i was just so low in mood and exhausted that I couldn't take it anymore. I now feel like an awful mother n feel like i cant go on. However my son is my sunshine n happiness n keeps me alive.

Am I a bad mother

@terasee You are not a bad mom and yes you are most likely suffering from PPD and yes you went back to work to soon. Call your doctor and schedule a visit or video call. Your just overwhelmed right now. As for your mom just explain to her what's going on that your overwhelmed with everything. Maybe see if your sister can come over a couple days and help you out even if it's only a couple hours