I’m getting married in 5 weeks, I will be 7 months along and I’m mostly broke. I still need a dress. The panic is setting in

rachel_44

Does anyone have any brilliant ideas for a dress? I don’t think anything non-maternity is going to work at this stage. I’m looking for long because my legs/ankles are a hot mess, and no sleeves because it will probably be 80 degrees. You all are brilliant with ideas, and I’m hoping one of you magical mamas has the idea/suggestion/miracle that will save the day!

Thank you so much! I feel so much more positive about the options available! I’m leaning towards a chiffon one from pinkblush or maybe a convertible dress from Etsy. I will post my selection and a picture when I try it on!

@susie12345 Yes! I almost went with RTR but wound up finding something secondhand instead. I did save a “first time signup” coupon from RTR so I was ready to be as frugal as possible if I went with them!

@rachel_44 If you search convertable dress on Etsy you'll see what all my bridesmaids wore. My SIL was 9 months pregnant at our wedding and the dress worked perfectly on her. In white it would make a beautiful wedding dress and you can tie it like a million different ways!

@rachel_44 For my maternity photo shoot I ordered a bunch of dresses on Amazon and sent all but one back. Many were $20-$30. Some of them were horrible, some weren't. It's probably the most cost effective way to find a long maternity dress.

@rachel_44 I wasn't pregnant for my wedding but my husband and I didn't want to spend more than $1000 on the whole thing. I bought my dress (and literally everything else) off Amazon! Mine had poet type sleeves but the empire waist was super flattering and would probably work well with pregnancy. The material was super light and comfy. The company has so many other beautiful dresses, check it out!!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6S56G8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_.LgmBbWK4Z4CZ