How would you feel?

lizfromerma

About your ex inviting them self to a "family event" on your time with your kids?

I get mine Tuesday and Wednesday and Friday to Saturday or Saturday to Sunday.

So they have a school thing today on my time and their mom has told me that she I need to take the kids there because it's a family thing?

I'm like it's my time with the kids and it's from 630-8 and my little one goes to bed at 7.

She got mad at me because she can't come n the other reason kids know me it's because of her and lot of other things.

She wants us to stick to a routine when it's on my time but when it's her time hell she well let the kids stay up till 9-10pm because they were doing something but when it's my time she get mad if the kids tell her they were up later then their bed time??

@lizfromerma I mean on one hand you probably should take your kids to a school event. She can come to if she wants, if youre upset becsuse she wants to come you are in the wrong. She can meet you there, but you shouldnt stop her from coming if its on "your" time. She has every right to participate in the kidis functions and you dont get to gatekeep when she shows up at a public event that your kids are going to participate in.

@lizfromerma This post is a little unclear? If it’s a school function, it doesn’t feel much like a “family event.” She is their family, so if it’s a family event hosted by the school, why wouldn’t you welcome her? Please edit for some clarification.

@lizfromerma School events are open for both parents. If my kids have a concert or an 8th grade ceremony, I’m not going to skip it simply because it doesn’t fall on my night or week. You guys don’t need to go together but she’s certainly welcome to go to see her kids.

If it’s a less important school activity like “movie night in the gymnasium to raise money for the PTO” and you weren’t planning to go and it’s not required, she doesn’t get to mandate that you go just because she wants to go.