How to smell good in a nontoxic way?

superpeople

I haven’t worn body spray in like 7 years. Mainly because fragrances give me an immediate migraine. Not sure why. But I definitely can’t wear perfume. I also know it’s toxic anyway. I want to smell girly. Idk I just want to feel more feminine and look/smell feminine. I heard of someone using vanilla extract to smell good. I use dr bronzers unscented body wash. So I don’t even use a smell good body wash.

@superpeople I have the same problem. I wanna smell nice but breathing in a scent all day is horrible. Recently I met up with an ex for a drink. It had been like a decade. He said “oh, wow, you still wear the same perfume?” I was like oh, no… I don’t wear perfume. He said “that’s crazy, you smell like what you used to wear.” ….kind of an awkward convo, but I didn’t wear perfume then and I don’t now. It made me feel better about not being a signature scent gal.

@madpipertn Yup
We’ll just smell nice to the opposite sex because of our pheromones even if we shower with no special scents or add perfumes

This happened to me
I only add perfume when my sisters come over
Or it’s a social event of sorts and that’s if I remember to add perfume
I also wear non scented deodorant on special occasions

I don’t wear a thing on a daily basis because as long as I’m not sweaty and I’m clean
I smell good to my husband

@superpeople Can you use Dr. Bronner’s lavender or something? You can also make a body spray with witch hazel and herbs, or try hydrosols. But mostly I think smelling like nothing IS smelling good. I don’t want to smell perfume, laundry detergent, or any other cleaning products, personally.

@superpeople I like making scents by mixing witch hazel and essential oil! I put just a little bit of rose in the summer, and some pine or all spicey kind of thing in the winter. Super easy and I can make it so it isn't overpowering.

Back