How do you dress baby at night?

jamessomasette

My 9 week old likes to be cuddle up close to me. It’s getting warmer where we live and our room tends to be hotter than the rest of the house at night. I have our AC set to 73 degrees F, how should I dress my baby at night?? A short sleeve legless bodysuit? A zip up onesie with arms and legs? I’m afraid of her overheating, I tend to get hot at night in the warmer months. Is there a guide anyone can point me to?

@bipn_406 How olds your baby. Sometimes I flick the duvet over her legs if it’s super cold. But recently she’s started doing 180s in her sleep and it freaked me out so shes in a sack now

@jamessomasette Our AC is set to 70 and I dress my 6 month old in a bamboo or cotton footed pajama every night. If I bring it down to 69 he gets the woolino on top. No blankets. I can’t make it any warmer or my husband and toddler are sweating all night. At 73 with no blankets and cool sheets I’d do a short sleeve onesie.

Also it’s not all or nothing, try a few things at that temp and see what works best!

@jamessomasette I like kimono tops because they don’t have to go over head and I don’t like onesies for sleep. I do a diaper and kimono top, and jersey pants if it’s chillier. He stays pretty warm and I like the flexibility of separates. His arms get coldest because they’re out of a blanket so kimono top for the win (although a lot of people don’t like them)

@jamessomasette Usually a short sleeve vest and I put the duvet over him a little if it does get cool. I know it’s against the rules but I sleep very very lightly (I literally sleep awfully Co sleeping) and it doesn’t go anywhere near his face. When it gets to winter I will probably do a onesie and if it is actually cold and he needs it I think I will put him in a sleeping bag with his legs over the duvet. All the guides I have seen are based on babies sleeping in a cot which is obviously completely different so I feel like you just have to instinctively figure it out

@jamessomasette Yeah either long or short onesies only so far. It’s getting cold here so I’ve started putting her in a woolbabe 3 seasons sleep sack. I like that it’s a bit lighter but keeps her covered! I do have a duvet weight sack but I’m yet to use it.

@jamessomasette We keep house at 68 at night. Baby gets footies and a bamboo sleep sack. She sometimes ends up with the blanket up to her waist but she is 10 months and walking so I am really not concerned about overheating/suffocation at this point because she can and will move if she is too hot or uncomfortable. I used to worry she would get too hot so we tried no sleep sack but she sleeps much better with it.

@jamessomasette She’s in footless long sleeve onesie pjs and will not let me put covers on her. Doesn’t matter the weather. She’ll wake up cold to the touch as happy as a clam having slept all night. Same with waking up hot and sweaty just as happy as can be. I tried sleep sacks, covers, footie pjs. Wasn’t having any of it. She’s 13 months but this has been going on forever. Even in her own room she refused it all.