help me make it make sense. TW// mention of possible BFP/ D&C

ghillie

help me make it make sense.

i had a D&C for a MMC on 3/9/24. i tested negative on Easy@Home tests around 3/29-4/01 from my MC.

we BDd 3/24& 3/27, 4/2, 4/4, and 4/5.

i got 2 positives on FRER, negative on CB early digital and E@H today (4/9).

what could be happening..? am i actually pregnant again…? im terrified this is remaining HCG from my MC. i didn’t test out the HCG on FRER only E@H.

what are yalls thoughts?

@ghillie I think this is probably a new pregnancy, but hard to say for sure because you were using easy at home and then switched to FRER, so the different sensitivities could explain positive now, but negative a week ago. Seems like a stretch, though . You had consistent negative tests, and unless you have a very rare issue with hCG climbing again for some reason, not related to a new pregnancy, then probably ovulated right around the time you were negative testing. I ovulated two days prior to my first negative test After my D&C.

@tigr This gives me hope. I knew I should have tested with an FRER to be sure after getting an E@H negative. But, I didn’t want to spend the money to know it would be negative.

I went to get a Beta today, but unfortunately my lab is now appt only or walk and wait - i didn’t have an appt, so it was a 90min wait. Which would have been fine, but I had my toddler with me.

I’m going to keep testing with FRER and go from there.

@ghillie I went through the same thing! I was freaking the hell out thinking I had rpoc from the miscarriage. But it was a new pregnancy! Frer detects extremely low HCG though ( I tested faint positive with a 9 hcg beta) so to be certain I would test on another frer tomorrow or the next day to see if the test line changes in either direction. Then go get a beta drawn. It could go either way. Fingers crossed!!

@ghillie All you can really do is get betas. It’s possible it’s still the miscarriage. You wouldn’t be testing positive from pregnancy on any of those dates yet if you weren’t negative from the mc on your tests until 3/29-4/01. Imo it sounds like it’s still hcg from the previous pregnancy but weirder things have happened. Cb digital and easy@home aren’t super sensitive so it’s prob that the frer is picking up the very low hcg.

@wael She could easily have gotten a negative test on 3/29 had the sperm waiting from 3/27 to fertilize the egg that she ovulated that day that would put her at 11 DPO today so it’s completely possible. She could even have ovulated prior to getting negative tests, as ovulation can happen up to at 35 HCG after miscarriage. But you are right in so much as saying that the only way to tell is a beta test to see whether it’s increasing or not.

@ghillie It could be a new pregnancy. Just to warn you a lot of people have CPs the cycle right after MMC but a good number do get pregnant after. I would keep taking tests for a few days and see if it gets darker or stays the same. Definitely go in just in case it is RPOC (super unlikely if you had negatives!)

@ghillie Following as I seem to be in the same boat as you. D&C on 3/6 - did the BD on 3/23 onwards, noticed some light spotting on 3/31.

Took a test today and there’s a faint line.

Still haven’t gotten my period.

@ghillie Did you take another test? So my situation is similar but also different - I know for a fact mine isn’t a new pregnancy since there’s been no BD’ing lol but my FRER line is still THERE and OBVIOUS and my hcg was 4.72 yesterday at the lab. Like idk how it’s physically possible for the line to still be SO CLEAR. With an HCG less than 5. My first D&C was 3/1. I literally was so confused bc I was like oh let me take another FRER bc my result came back at 4.72 this morning …… and nope it was very clearly still positive.

@ghillie Technically, I’ve only ever conceived with hcG in my system (hcG trigger shot), so it’s entirely possible to ovulate and conceive with hcG in your system. It’s entirely possible you ovulated and got pregnant again even if your hcG never hit zero. Fingers crossed for you!

Back