Help! Flying with 3 (4,4,2)

raine93

I’m flying solo and may need to take 3 car seats! And I cannot fathom how to do it. How do I get 3 car seats from baggage claim to the rental car area?

I have looked into renting car seats but the cost is a lot for 3 seats for a week. The kids are under 40lbs which is the limit for using just the booster.

@raine93 We fly with 5 kids, one in a booster, four in car seats. We use a wonderfold wagon to get car seats from car to counter to check the car seats, then keep the wagon and gate check it as a stroller. Gives us a way to corral the kids while in the terminal, and doubles as a luggage carrier.

@suzannel Never had an issue. I'm not sure they can refuse a stroller, no matter the type. I would suggest getting the travel cover for it though. I use a ratchet strap to make sure it doesn't unfold, but the travel cover would probably be easier. I just never think about it until we're already on our way to the airport.

@raine93 Do you want them on the plane? And if checked or checked at gate there is a cart for bags that costs $2-5 that you can rent and throw all that on. Dad of 4 here and it’s possible. It is not easy though.

@carolinedickson I want them checked. I have the process down when flying with my partner but this is my first time flying solo with all the kids. One person usually handles the kids while the other handles luggage/seats/stroller.

@raine93 Where are you flying from/to? Most medium-large airports in North America have rentable carts (for a few dollars) at baggage claim for the exact purpose of loading up luggage when you have a bunch of bags you need to transport to your rental car or taxi.

Back