HCG levels

nyeung

My partner just had her second blood test since her 6 week ultrasound last week where we saw a yolk sac but no heartbeat or fetal pole detected yet.

She’s 7 weeks now and her HCG is 55600, but the doctor told her that’s “a bit low” and it’s got her worried.

Her second ultrasound isn’t until next Monday which will be 8 weeks and I’m not really worried but she’s quite anxious.

Can anyone remember what their wife/partners HCG levels were at 7 weeks? From what I’ve read online there is a huge range of what’s considered normal

7,650–229,000 mIU/mL at 7 weeks is what I’ve found online as normal so I guess she’s in the low to mid range of normal? This is probably why the doctor said she’s “a bit low” and not just low.

@nyeung Essentially the HCG count should double every 48 hours or so. At least that was what we were looking for with my wife during the first several weeks of pregnancy.

@nyeung She needs a 2nd blood draw. HCG is not helpful without two data points. That’s a totally normal value for a few days behind (ie maybe her ovulation was off or other normal/not scary explanations). Push for a 2nd blood draw, ideally 48-72hrs after the first.

Back