Happy Mother’s Day!

jsw3883

Hey 👋

As we got ready to head into the NICU this morning I was a little disappointed that my wife’s first Mother’s Day post delivery was still going to be in the NICU. I asked her if she was doing ok and she said yah it’s not ideal but our LO made me a mother regardless of where we celebrate it, I’m grateful every time I see her face.

To all you celebrating in the NICU today, happy Mother’s Day. It’s not the situation we wanted but it’s what we have ❤️.

@jsw3883 Happy mother's day! We spent UK mother's day in hospital earlier this year too, like you say it isn't what we wanted but LO is here and that is what matters.

I hope you and your wife can enjoy the day regardless, and you can double down on celebrating next year instead - or start a new family tradition and celebrate half mother's day instead in six months time! 💛

@jsw3883 My NICU gave me a paper heart with my baby’s footprints on it! She was 5 days old. I looked at it every time I pumped milk for the three months she was in the NICU and I swear it helped me let down my milk!

@jsw3883 Happy Mother's Day! We're in the same boat and having my LO in my husband's arm in the NICU right now. My husband plans to take me out and eat for lunch to celebrate today but we'll be next to our LO the rest of the day. I agree it does sucks to be here on this holiday and makes it a bit more emotional for me as a mom. It feels weird to call myself a mother as I (and most of us here) didn't have the traditional delivery as we like. But I'm hopeful that my LO and family have plenty of more years to celebrate this holiday together. Stay strong OP! We're all in this together.

@jsw3883 Happy Mother’s Day everyone!! Every single mother here is beyond strong and we really should give ourselves some grace!! Have the best day you all can and kiss/hold/touch those babies 🩵🌱

@jsw3883 Happy mother's day 🤍 The NICU nurses had made the cutest present for all mommies where my daughter is being taken care of, we got a little letter that says "Happy mother's day from [baby's name] and the NICU nurses" and when opened there is a drawn butterfly which wings are made out of the foot prints in paint of our little one, and a bracelet of l letters that reads "mum".
I had noticed it was mother's day and was sort of excited about it, as it is my first one, and is also the one week anniversary of daughter being born, but this made me extra happy. I got out of the hospital yesterday and wouldn't stop crying, but today was such a lovely first mother's day. Also had a dinner date with husband to celebrate at the end of the day. Loved my first mother's day, even as a NICU mom.

@jsw3883 Happy Mother’s Day! Last year I spent my first one in the NICU with my preemie twins and kept thinking how great next year would be. This year I got to spend it with my rambunctious 1 year olds and it was everything I hoped for and more. Just try to keep the faith that this is temporary and your LO will be home before you know it!