haakaa question

I ended up buying a haakaa hand pump and used it for the first time today. It was super easy and I got about 1oz in 10 minutes. After I took it off, I was so excited to show my husband, I spilled the entire bottle on myself 🤦‍♀️

@novihartanti I tried the Haakaa hand pump, the Haakaa ladybugs and the Boon Trove, and out of the three, I’d recommend starting with the Haakaa hand pump. It’s a workhorse — it can do the job of catching letdown on the other boob while you feed your babe, and it can also be used to express. I also found it really helpful when I had a clog and needed to alternate heat, massage, and a bit of suction to clear it.

Everybody’s different, but the ladybugs and the Trove could really only catch letdown in my experience, and when I used them, the amount they captured was so small that it didn’t outweigh the hassle of using them. So I’d suggest starting with the Haakaa pump and seeing how you like it. I ended up getting two so I always had a clean one handy and ready to go those first months. Also get the lids!

I’ll also add that the Medela Harmony manual pump is really great. It’s much more effective and efficient (in my case) at removing milk than the Haakaa hand pump, but it’s still got that small, take-anywhere ease. Really great to have on hand while you’re getting accustomed to pumping, and then later for travel and in case of power outages. All the tools!

@novihartanti I only used my lady bug in the first few weeks. Otherwise, I use a hand pump haakaa usually twice a day. It has helped me build up a freezer stash and now that baby is 7 months we use milk to mix into baby cereal

I don’t even bother with an electric or classic manual pump

@novihartanti Quick note if you go with the classic haakaa, there is a difference between the option with the suction cup bottom and the one without. I have both, and the one without the suction cup bottom stays attached to me much better due to the thicker rim around the opening :)

@novihartanti It depends what you want it for, I ended up only using anything for managing fast let down before the milk settled and to get little bits of milk for sticky eye.

For this the ladybug was the preference. I found the haaka pump too strong and you can’t use it while nursing

@novihartanti I prefer the Boone trove to the ladybug - more comfortable but does the same! I have the OG Hakka too, I’ll use it when I’m more full and need some relief now that mine is sleeping longer stretches.

@novihartanti I have both and vastly prefer the haakaa as the ladybug has no suction; my letdown is pretty minimal on the breast not being nursed on without suction. If my baby doesn't fully empty my breasts the haakaa can easily help capture any leftovers too, I've gotten many many extra ounces of milk that way (especially at night).

@novihartanti I have both. I use the hand pump to relieve pressure during the day and I use the ladybug to catch letdown while baby nurses or while I pump with my hands free pump (it's one boob at a time).

@novihartanti I have both! I love the Hakka, it sucks milk out so it can create an oversupply but it’s nice to use to get a freezer stash going! The lady bug is also great but it only catches the milk that leaks out anyways. If you get the Hakka, don’t use it every nursing session like I did lol

@novihartanti This is a Fakespot Reviews Analysis bot. Fakespot detects fake reviews, fake products and unreliable sellers using AI.

Here is the analysis for the Amazon product reviews:

Name: Haakaa Breast Pump Manual Breast Pumps Silicone Breastfeeding Pump Milk Pump 100% Food Grade Silicone (3.5oz/90ml)

Company: haakaa

Amazon Product Rating: 4.6

Fakespot Reviews Grade: D

Adjusted Fakespot Rating: 1.5

Analysis Performed at: 02-06-2024

Link to Fakespot Analysis | Check out the Fakespot Chrome Extension!

Fakespot analyzes the reviews authenticity and not the product quality using AI. We look for real reviews that mention product issues such as counterfeits, defects, and bad return policies that fake reviews try to hide from consumers.

We give an A-F letter for trustworthiness of reviews. A = very trustworthy reviews, F = highly untrustworthy reviews. We also provide seller ratings to warn you if the seller can be trusted or not.

Back