H&P Lark Sizing

cfarmcity

Can anyone provide some guidance on the sizing for the H&P Lark? I feel like I am just on the cusp between sizes. I wear a 14/16 in pants, have a short torso and large chest, and am 5 foot 2 in 210 lbs. I really want to use it for both front and back carrying but have heard the LL lark is not great for back carry.

I’m also hoping my husband can use it. He wears a 38/30 pant and wears an XL top.

I was hoping to get SL from a lending library to help decide but my budget is already tight so adding on a $65 rental fee doesn’t seem like the best use of my money when the carrier is also quite expensive.

@cfarmcity They show how to back carry on their Instagram! My babies too small to try but both owners seem to do it.

I have some sizing the same as you (14 pants,similar weights, large chest) but some very different (I’m 5,7 and pretty much all torso lol), my husband is thin so I got the short and it fits just fine, but if I got it again (I literally have to stop myself from getting a cuter print) I’d definitely do the long! I think that’s be best for your husband too. When I was choosing a size I wrote into them on Instagram and they were incredibly helpful and messaged back very quickly. They told me I could likely do either, and I’d think it’d be the same for you, but a long will likely be more comfortable.

@mastersb Thank you! I am leaning toward the long but some Facebook people mentioned that back carry with the long was impossible for them and that they had to buy a whole second one to use for it. I definitely don’t have it in my budget but I do have a meh Dai I love for back carry so I also figure I can always reserve back carrying for that too.

@cfarmcity That’s very interesting! I wonder what it is about a back carry that would make a difference. I’m a FTM and my guy is very small and not great at staying upright on his own so we’re not quite there yet. I did just cave and buy another print after this convo 😂 I will say, I know you can’t share coupon codes on this sub (don’t know if that’s just referral codes and don’t want to take a risk) but my capital one shopping found a code for me that saved me 10%!

@mastersb I think it has to do with getting the arm straps tight enough but I honestly have no idea. I did find a coupon code today in a Facebook group so that’s part of why I’m trying to decide on a size because I feel like I’m ready to make a purchase with that discount code but keep second guessing the size haha. I guess I can always return or try and exchange if the long length doesn’t work for me though

@mastersb I think it’s just that if you’re in between sizes, the fabric on the straps is too long and it won’t cinch tight enough for a back carry! I’m very solidly a 16/18 & can back carry in my lark without any issues. I think it’s just if you’re more on the cusp the straps might be too long.

Just as an update! I decided to take my natural waist measurements and message them. I had a 36 inch natural waist and they recommended the short. I got it last week and LOVE it - I wish I hadn’t taken so long stressing about the size and gotten it sooner!

@jtaime2 I got a Babylon meh dai and really like it! But I’m still considering a lark since the meh dai takes a while to get on and isn’t as easy for just quick trips running into the store and whatnot. Also my baby is small (11.5 months, 19 lbs) and so the toddler size meh dai almost feels a little big for her when I have her in a front carry, but it works perfectly for a back carry. I’m sure I’ll grow to love front carrying in it as she gets a little bigger. But simultaneously I am looking for something easier in a pinch so hopefully I can figure out the sizing on the lark!

@cfarmcity Update wore my lark yesterday and LOVE it. I previously used the lilliebaby (in addition moby wrap and ring at home)and it did the job but I felt like my back always hurt. I spent a while researching best carriers for plus size women and it always came back to hope and plum. I wore my 4 month old for 3 hours yesterday while walking the park with my toddler and felt absolutely no back pain. I’m a 1x/2x with a VERY large (40M pre pregnancy) chest and it fits great.

@cfarmcity I’m the same height but a bit smaller, more 12/14 in pants but with a large chest and just got the short. It’s very comfy for me, but my baby is quite small too. I think the long would have been too much fabric to deal with on my torso. My husband wears a L most of the time and can juuuuuuust get the lark on but it’s a little tight around his middle right now.

@robberbaron85 Thanks for the advice. When you mention feeling like it’d be too much, is the panel bigger or just the straps for your waist and the shoulders? I feel like I don’t mind the waist and shoulders having the excess dangling but don’t want the apron panel to be any larger

@cfarmcity If you have TikTok there are great fit videos detailing the differences between the two. It was a few weeks ago I watched, but the straps seemed wider and longer and I think the apron panel was also longer but I can’t remember for sure.

Back