Grovia O.N.E.s for night time?

sidiath

My 8-month baby pees a ton at night, currently using pampers goodnights size 4, which are technically a bit above her current weight (20lbs). I’ve tried workhorses with a wool cover but they get so wet all over and I think it bugs her at night.

I’ve heard some people say they use Grovia O.N.E.s at night and I’m considering getting some. So far I’ve been pretty militant about low cost cloth-diapering and the price has me hesitant. Though I recently bought some Thirsties NAIO from their outlet and I’ve got to say they are handy (though not necessarily handier than pockets). Anyway, I’m interested in hearing your Grovia O.N.E. Nighttime stories

@sidiath We tried these for our daughter for a short time for overnights. She was just over a year old. They didn't work out for us. She's not a terribly heavy wetter, but the ONE just didn't cut it after about two months of use. I even went so far as to make my own inserts from hemp fleece, cotton terry and a stay dry topper - It just wasn't meant to be for us. I wanted to love them, but didn't. I had better results with GMD workhorses and wool.

@sidiath Sloombs fitted works amazing too but pricy. Sloombs wool is incredible. We got a few pieces off of bst and my son who is recently potty trained still wears the pants and shorts. I love the quality and durability of wool.

@sidiath My daughter is 13 months old and just now turning into a heavy nighttime peer. Her Grovia O.N.E.s are not really cutting it anymore (these have been her exclusive nighttime diaper since about 4ish months). The past couple of weeks there has been a 50/50 chance her fleece jammies were wet when she gets up in the morning, about 11 hours after her bed time. I've been procrastinating on coming up with another nighttime solution, but writing out this comment makes me think i need to get on that....

@sidiath Hi OP - Can we send you one of our pocket cloth diapers and insert to see if that helps? No cost to you! Would love to find out how ours hold up in your situation. PM me your address and we should be able to get it out this week. Thanks!

@sidiath I have a super heavy wetter and our ONEs did not hold his pee. Also I could never get them clean no matter what I tried they always smelled.

@sidiath We love our ONEs. I have a seven month old and he's been using them since about month two. We had a period of leaking but I realized it was because his PJs were too small. Once we got him so bigger ones we were back to no leaks. We have four on rotation.

@sidiath Of our nighttime dipes, it it's probably my favorite. Our regular ones are very stuffed pockets (glow bug with 2 mr clock and 1 small best bottoms hemp) and a backup fitted. I think the grovia holds about as much as the glow bugs, but is trimmer and easier to put on. Kid doesn't care but I think they look more comfortable

@sidiath Yes! Make sure you wash and dry them a good 10 times before nighttime use. We successfully used them for our oldest for a year. Now we use them on our youngest who is a heavy wetter. You can also easily add a booster or cloth wipe for more absorption. Also, for a boy you can do a swivel trick to get more padding where he pees.

@sidiath We use ONEs for nighttime with our 7.5 month old. We've never had a leak with them and he doesn't get any wetness irritation which was an issue for us with the all natural fiber diapers. The upside of trying just 1 is that if they don't work, you can EASILY resell. If you do go this route - learn from my mistake and make sure to rinse them in the AM before throwing them in the wetbag.

@sidiath There are folks with heavy wetters who use it successfully. It gets greats reviews from customers where I work.

Another thing that may work for you is what worked for my son: Thirsties hemp prefolds under a microfibre insert. We never had a single leak with that combo. This kid could rupture disposable diapers overnight, too.

@melissa2016 We did the hemp combo with microfiber in a pocket diaper (did a blueberries pocket because they are nice and big to stuff) We had to double up the hemp sometimes but this was my favorite overnight solution.

@sidiath I’ve been using the ONEs on my 10 month old for quite awhile now as a night time diaper solution. Dad prefers them to the fitteds and covers because they are less work to get on and off. We’ve had a few rare leaks but for the most part they work well. My baby is not a heavy wetter. I will say that if you dry your diapers in the dryer that elastics on ours have relaxed a bit more than on all of our other brands, so far this isn’t an issue.

Back