Got put on the b*tch list and a slap on the hand for doing a good job

ineedjesus7

My company asked me to take on a leadership role last year. In one year, the role has grown dramatically. I asked for a pay increase to match the new role. Instead I was told to scale back to the initial job description, which will be horribly inefficient and create several long term problems but no problem. Definitely not going to keep working at that pace and not get paid for it.

I also got a reprimand for going outside of my lane. Fortunately, I found an email directly asking me to do what I was chastised for. I got to forward it back with a l, “help me understand what went wrong,” note. Betcha that’ll get me off that b*tch list!

@ineedjesus7 Ugh. So annoying. I’ll never understand companies that don’t appreciate the people they have in front of them. Instead they are always looking for what’s “better” ... it’s not out there!

I’ve learned to document, document, document so you can always CYA. It’s unfortunate but he reality. I love that you have this email! However given what you’ve shared... I wouldn’t be surprised if you end up with a bigger target on your back for it, unfortunately.

@ineedjesus7 Eug. That's awful. I'm sorry that happened to you, but at least you have that email showing you were asked to do certain things. But also very good for you for standing up and demanding to be paid appropriately! Many companies will abuse employees, piling on more work without compensation or recognition. Also, time to get your resume changed up?

@kdbeats_91 To be fair, I do receive a pretty fair pay rate but not for the additional duties. I’m going to dial it back for a month or two and watch the squirm. And save every single email haha