Floor bed frame

athaddeus

We recently came into possession of an almost new twin mattress (long story), which is kinda perfect timing because my 3 year old is rapidly getting too big for his toddler bed. It did come with a frame as well, but I want to do a floor bed with him for a while before jumping to that (he is autistic and not super coordinated, and likes to roam around in his room before putting himself to sleep). I'm not having much luck with Amazon so far though, all I can find are Chinese rebrands and even those still seem expensive (like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Zinus-Assembly-Bunkie-Board-Replacement/dp/B074V2SJMK).

Y'all who have floor beds, what frame did you buy to put underneath it? Or did you make something yourself? I don't want to just put the mattress on the floor because of mold concerns.

@athaddeus We have the Sprout bed frame (we got the slightly discounted second quality version) and I love it. It's very well made and good quality. It would last for quote a few years since you can flip it over to make it a bit higher up.

@jnorgaard We’ve been using it going on 1.5 years and it’s still great. Very happy we found it and it serves floor bed purposes perfectly.

I’m a novice at how to post photos here, but a twin will fit over the entire frame (so flush with sides of frame) and the frame is very thin, so it’s minimalist look with no frame extending out on the edges. We have it long side against the wall — otherwise the mattress would probably slip with use and we’d need to put something on the frame to prevent slipping.

Otherwise the only other thing I’d mention is that that there are sharp corners that aren’t flush with curved corners of mattress. In theory it could cause injury like other furniture with sharp corners. We’ve not done anything with it and have been fine but could easily put a childproof corner on it too.

@athaddeus We used a tarva frame from Ikea and my husband sawed the legs as short as he could to allow a small amount of airflow below it. Bed and the mattress (a mestervik from Ikea) only sit 6 inches off the ground.

In hindsight, I probably would have went with the Utaker or the Kura, but we got a full and those only come in twin sizes.

@athaddeus This is a Fakespot Reviews Analysis bot. Fakespot detects fake reviews, fake products and unreliable sellers using AI.

Here is the analysis for the Amazon product reviews:

Name: Zinus Easy Assembly Wood Slat 1.6 Inch Bunkie Board/Bed Slat Replacement, Twin

Company: Zinus

Amazon Product Rating: 4.5

Fakespot Reviews Grade: B

Adjusted Fakespot Rating: 4.5

Analysis Performed at: 03-09-2022

Link to Fakespot Analysis | Check out the Fakespot Chrome Extension!

Fakespot analyzes the reviews authenticity and not the product quality using AI. We look for real reviews that mention product issues such as counterfeits, defects, and bad return policies that fake reviews try to hide from consumers.

We give an A-F letter for trustworthiness of reviews. A = very trustworthy reviews, F = highly untrustworthy reviews. We also provide seller ratings to warn you if the seller can be trusted or not.

@athaddeus We just bought a floor bed frame from Purveyor 15 off Amazon. This company has their own website and etsy shop. The had great reviews and the pictures looked like they used great quality wood. It comes tomorrow so I have my fingers crossed that it’ll be nice.

Crate and barrel and wayfair had great twin sized options. Definitely make sure it has slats!

Back