Fixing the bald spot!

dominga

Does anyone else’s baby have a bald spot on the side where mommy sleeps/nurses at night? Just wanted to share because we’re seeing some success with the hair growing back on that side!

Baby has slept to the left of me on our floor mattress since birth (as daddy sleeps on my right), so at night when I nurse her she’s developed a bald spot on the right. She was born with tons of hair so by 3 months the bald spot was pretty noticeable, tho I think I first started noticing it around 1 month but didn’t realize what it was.

Anyway my phone must be listening to me bc it started showing me ads for silk crib sheets to help with baby bald spots. Since we cosleep, I improvised by buying silk pillowcases and I put a cotton waterproof pad inside to give it some shape. 1 month later and I can see some fuzz growing back in the bald spot. The silk is so nice and we say that she’s a little princess sleeping on her silk bed :)

When she gets more rolly/mobile we might go ahead and splurge on king size silk sheets bc it feels so nice. But this is great for now as a stationary sleeper. The pad also protects the bed against diaper leaks and bonus feature is that I can gently slide baby across the bed if I need to adjust her position. It came in a 4 pack so also makes a great diaper changing pad for the car and we use for diaper free naked time.

And even if your baby doesn’t have much hair yet, sleeping on silk could help those little fuzzies flourish!

@dominga Thank you for posting this because I’ve noticed a bald spot on my son and I feel so bad it’s on one side from falling asleep nursing.

Back