First baby, only 8 weeks

elmerrm2007

My fiancé and I have split up the name responsibility. Since he really wants a girl he gets to choose girl names and since I want a boy I am on boy name duty. I work with kids so I know A LOT of names and I just can’t help but associate some names with kids I already know, so I’m struggling. Names he has chosen for a girl, and that we both agree on are Sunnie and Juni. Our last name will be Tran, I feel like some names that I do like just aren’t meshing right? Or I’m just over thinking it. Two names we’ve both liked so far for a boy are Auggie (my mom hates it tho 🥲) and Ollie. For the middle name I want it to be Han to honor my dad, Any suggestions?

@elmerrm2007 The boy names on my list are Nico Brooks, Beckett James and Pierce James. Not very common names. I LOVE Oliver (nn Ollie) but my fiance shut it down right away. It's so cute though. I also love Luca, but he said no. Lol.

@elmerrm2007 Congratulations!

Do you think your mother would be more comfortable with Auggie and Ollie if they were nicknames for longer former names?

August
Augustus
Laughlin
Vaughn

Oliver
Colin
Olin
Roland

A few others that sound like they’d fit the others you two like:

Maisie
Halle
Cammie
Daisy
Josie
Romy

Leo
Louie
Cal
Archie
Max
Alfie

Good luck!

@zion_5 Thank you!
I did tell her that auggie was meant to be short for August and she wasn’t a fan.
I do like cal! I’ve thought of Calvin with nick name cal. And I looooove the name Alfie, but it’s my dog’s name hahah. Who is still very much alive and well.

Back