Ferber w/ almost 5 mo (4mo adjusted) twins (b/g)

justin1234

Started sleep training for night time 8 days ago and it's been a little rough. Baby boy was going through sleep regression and was walking hourly crying inconsolably and we just couldn't do it anymore. Now he's been waking once for a feed around 2 am but sometimes will decide to cry for quite a long time.

My question is, have any parents experienced it taking long for their baby to not be so upset? He goes down easily for naps and his sister just sleeps through his screaming. We are now at the 20,25,30 checks. Their schedule is dwt 6:45-7, bedtime is 7:30-8, 2/2/2/2.5 give or take. They have 2 - 2 hour naps and the last one is roughly an hour or so. Baby girl sleeps like a champ but my boy is def not getting enough and he's so tired during the first ww the rest of the day he seems ok.

Any advice? Brain dead from lack of sleep

@justin1234 That schedule asks for too much sleep (over 16 hours when it should be closer to 14). I would cap day sleep at 3.5 hours. Keep the first wake window shorter but gradually lengthen the others. He’s probably undertired at night and that’s why he’s not settling. Even at adjusted age he should be able to get down to 14 hours. My LO had a rough time at 4 months going to three naps capped at 3.5 hours but after a week or so she adjusted well.

@nancynewman Yeah I've been trying to extend their wake windows but they haven't been sleeping well at night. Today I did cap naps and going down was good but now he's in there crying 😢