Feel terrible need to know..

jullieboston

PLEASE HELP.......Okay so I love kids. Couldn’t wait to get pregnant, I’m 24 weeks along with my first. I’ve worked in the public school system, worked one on one for kids with autism, worked in daycare and a summer camp. I’ve always wanted to be a mother, so color me surprised when I get just past the first trimester and suddenly.... tiktoks of parenting/toddlers/babies DISGUST me. Other people’s kids? I feel absolutely repulsed and sickened?? Kids I know and love in real life and online I feel actual.... hatred towards? Videos of kids crying or upset or being mad... make me want to cry and scream with genuine rage??? This makes me feel like a terrible person, shocked, embarrassed, horribly depressed and unfit to be a mum. I feel absolutely crazy and yes this pregnancy has been difficult emotionally and I already go up n down with depression. I just couldn’t find anything on the internet and was wondering if anyone else had ever experienced this sudden change? And what the hell is going on?

@badiranium Thank you for a response, I feel so lost and badly about this. I haven’t seen anyone describe this happening to them online while I’ve looked I keep seeing similar emotional pregnancy things.. I really appreciate you comment thank you ❤️

@jullieboston More than likely is hormones. But keep track of it and tell your doctor. With my second child bc of covid my oldest didn't get to see us while we were in the hospital. I looked to be with him. And I was so so so excited to come home and see him. I loved spending time with him and being with both my kids,, but his constant questions and loud personality REALLY irritated me daily. Same with any other children, they just irritated me. To where is have to have my husband take over and go check out in a quiet room for 30 minutes sometime. It lasted a good month then flickered out. I worried about the same thing you did. I felt guilty and sad being irritated at my excited loving 6 year old. But it happens. Talk with someone, give yourself time.