Favorite shows?

aktsumi

I’m about to pop out my third kid any day now and my other two are 2 (m) and 1 (f). I don’t love showing them tons of screen time but I know the coming month they will probably watch more than normal while I’m recovering and figuring out life with 3 under 3. I try to keep it educational and slow paced. Some of our favorites are Tractor Ted and Ms. Rachael. My son loves spirit also and my daughter pretty much likes whatever he likes. So I’m wondering what are people’s favorite shows for young kids that keep them engaged and not super over stimulating? Thanks in advance!

@aktsumi If you have Disney+, Earth Moods from Nat Geo is nice for relaxing or winding down. It's just 30 minute fly overs with music, but my husband and I like them a lot.

@aktsumi netflix: puffin rock, trash truck, waffles and mochi

amazon: give a mouse a cookie

PBS: favs are sesame street, donkey hodie, daniel tiger, dinosaur train, but I let them watch any of the age appropriate shows on PBS.

@basilstaghare ooooh i want to try puffin rock again with my kid. it was like, the first thing i showed her (after seeing it on a "good" list) when she was between 12-18 months? she really didn't even seem to notice it was on, or would ask to go away and do something else. but i on the other hand LOVED it 🤣 ms. rachel has kept her attention from the very beginning, she loooooves that. i, on the other hand... not so much 🫠

@alertandawake Pretty stimulating for little kids, and some episodes have scary elements. Might work, but definitely wouldn't for ours. Ours couldn't watch it till they were around 4 or 5, and never when they are tired or overstimulated.

@ashleyta My kiddo has been watching it (occasionally) since she was 8mo and loves it, but every kid is different I guess. She won't pay attention to most other shows I've tried with her, but she'll watch Shaun, Ms Rachel, Daniel tiger, or trash truck.

@aktsumi Super simple songs on YouTube has some shows that are less stimulating than the actual song videos - Carl's carwash, treetop family, the bumblenums, Caitie's classroom, and finny the shark are some.

@aktsumi tumble leaf, clifford, doc mcstuffins all tolerable. she likes daniel tiger but it is pretty annoying. ms rachel helped us through early times but lots of commercials now unfortunately

@aktsumi Our favs are octonauts, trash truck & puffin rock on Netflix, and blues clues and you on paramount plus. I don’t like shows that portray any “negative behaviors” even when it’s used to portray conflict resolution or teach a lesson, as I find my 2 year old doesn’t understand that yet and simply mimics the negative behavior. The simpler the better IMO, we’ll save the complex stuff for when she’s older and understands.

@aktsumi Low energy and calming? Maru the cat on YouTube. 5-10 minutes of a fat cat getting brushed, lounging in a box, living his best life. There are three cats now, all the videos are calm and sweet.

Amazon: there are a lot of fun music videos on there, we cycle through Strswberry Wind and Dream Too Much and whatever the Shawn Colvin one is. The Snowy Day is a treat with Boyz II Men doing a beautiful soundtrack. We also like Wonderballs, it sets classical music to fun bright animation.

YouTube has the berenstain bears and a lot of Peep and the big wide world, and the original claymation Frog and Toad. If you have tubi, Sarah and Duck, Franklin the turtle.

Back