F*CK PACK N PLAYS

moemoes

I AM SO MOTHERFCKING DONE WITH FCKING PACK N PLAYS. FCK PACK N PLAYS. WHY THE FCK DO THEY MAKE IT SO GOD DAMN HARD. F*CK YOU PACK N PLAY. That it is all.

Edit; Thank you all for sharing your stories and struggles AND for the laughs. And advice too! I knew I couldn’t be the only one that this thought runs through their head every time you’re trying to fold the thing up 😅 y’all are awesome 👏🏻

Also baby olympics should definitely be a thing

@moemoes By kid 3 I’ve gotten the hang of them but literally every time I set one up I fantasize about a parenting olympics where obviously pack and play set-up is one of the main events. I ace it, get the gold and have my moment of glory.

Every. Time.

@peppermint_patty You and I must chat because I too have imagined the Baby Olympics and have come up with several events.
- Find the Pacifier in the dark
- Trim the nail (While baby is AWAKE)
- Rock the baby: Survival mode (rock till you drop, last one standing wins)
- Grocery run with baby (like supermarket sweestakes...but with a baby)

@marc_antony Can I add taking a 9 week old to swimming lessons and getting both you and her changed before and afterwards? If anyone has figured out how to do this with only one pair of arms and no fairy godmother, I need your help. She is now 11 weeks and I'm pretty sure itll only get worse once she figures out rolling...

...our pack n play days have yet to come but I anticipate that being my weakest event in the baby Olympics...

@jolynn Yep, this one lol
Although I just found a pool that has the benches in front of the lockers which makes it 100% easier because I lay him on that under his blanket and stand to block him from rolling off but still able to get myself dressed at the locker. BUT that doesn’t solve how I’m supposed to go pee while holding a butterball 😣

@dylannn In Japan they have a baby seat attached to the wall in public bathrooms where you can pop your baby. Might not work for a 9 week old but still such a thoughtful detail!

@jolynn They have swim lessons for 9 week olds? I always figured you learn to walk before learning to swim. Is it like a how not to drown type class? I do worry about that since I have a pond out back that I really don’t want him wandering into while I’m not looking.

@katrina2017 So I'm based in the UK and we go to a class for 0-6 month olds and you progress up from there. Not sure how good it would be ar stopping her drowning but at this stage its focusing on familiarising them with being in the water, seeing you being enthusiastic about it, and safety elements include demonstrating that we blow out when we are underwater and we spit water out when it goes in our mouths. Like I say at the early stages it's just really about acclimatising them rather than actively teaching anything. A bit like baby yoga or a sensory class it's not a structured learning environment so much as just an interesting experience for their brains and bodies I suppose?!

@marc_antony Relay run while carrying the car seat carrier? Stair climb with a baby strapped to your chest and a diaper bag on your back?

I feel you on the paci shuffle haha. My third kid is a thumb sucker, I know it’s going to cause problems later but for now I’m so glad I don’t have to crawl around the nursery at 3am this time! I have heard they make glow in the dark pacifiers for the reason? What helped when my kids were older was switching to Wubba Nubs that are stuck to a tiny stuffed animal so they don’t roll away! When they were 3 and it was time to be done with pacifiers, we cut the paci part off and they kept the stuffed animals as comfort objects. Although now, since their comfort objects are tiny… I have to go find those in the middle of the night 🤦🏽‍♀️ So IDK

These are all excellent ideas for events. Petition to make this a worldwide tournament.

And ooooh I'm gonna look for Wubba Nubs, that sounds like a perfect solution to my pacifier problem.

@moemoes My husband and I have 3 engineering degrees between the 2 of us…we had to watch the instruction video on how to set it up. It was so defeating 🤦‍♀️

Back