Extremely anxious pls help 😭😭

prairie02

Hi y’all so I am on clobazam for emergency anxiety uses. My doctor said that it should not affect birth control esp the combo pill that I am on (vestura). I take the pill on the dot at 9 every day. Have never gotten late or missed a pill.

But, the internet says otherwise about this drug interaction. Almost every source. I started taking the pill in the beginning of February and started becoming sexually active around March 11th. I had taken a clobazam (onfi 10mg) around 8 days before I was sexually active and never took it again. Now I’m freaking out because I am spotting on the pill and we nowadays ditched the condoms after one whole cycle (28 days of pill) like is there any chance I could be pregnant?

We also pull out. Idk if that makes a difference? Pls? Help?

@prairie02 Unless you’re taking medication for tuberculosis, no your medication is not going to make your birth control defective. It’s common to have spotting on the pill. If you’re taking it as prescribed you don’t need to worry about pregnancy. Also since you’re on a combo pill you’re not having periods, but withdrawal bleeds. Combo pills stop ovulation.

@prairie02 St. John’s wort does mess with birth control and so does rifampin, an antibiotic to treat TB. These both interact with lots of medications. Neither one of these are what you’re taking though so you’re fine.

Back