ER waiting room ... possible miscarriage

sheyla

So this is my fourth pregnancy - first was a missed miscarriage and d&c, two healthy pregnancy’s (almost 5 y.o. and 2 y.o.). Wasn’t trying again, but happy to have as many babies as I’m blessed with or can safely have. Haven’t had my first ultrasound yet, 6-7 weeks along. Waiting in ER after cramping and bleeding. No history of bleeding in any prior pregnancies. Definitely heavier than implantation spotting. Feeling overwhelmed. Moved furniture today and was sure I didn’t lift anything heavy - honestly lifting my two year feels like more work - but am beating myself up about whether I overdid it or caused a mc. Husbands at home with the kiddos. Just had my ultrasounds ... in “results pending” now.

@sheyla With each of my pregnancies, I was always doing some sort of lifting or rearranging. Nothing too crazy, but life doesn't stop when you're expecting. I did have some bleeding with my fifth baby but that was due to how the placenta was placed (I forget the term they used), anyways, it was fine by the third trimester. I'm sorry you're going through through this.

@sheyla I hope everything turns out ok. At about the 10 week mark I woke up in the night to a lot of blood. Enough to turn the toilet water red. My midwife told me that sometimes blood gets trapped between the placenta and the uterus and as things start to shift and stretch you could have it sort of release. She said to watch for gushing when you walk or if you soak through a pad in under an hour. She said this bleeding that terrified me was actually quite common. I hope this helps to keep you calm and I hope this is all that's happening for you too

@sheyla Woman I moved a whole bedroom around when I was about to pop, because the nesting is real. You did not cause this in any way, shape or form. I hope its not a miscarriage but if it is its not your fault. Miscarriages are sad and they suck, but this is in no way shape or form your fault. Its okay to grieve if it is one but just remember its not your fault.

Thanks for the replies and stories of similar situations! Still bleeding this morning. Ultrasound showed gestational sac but not egg sac or heartbeat. Basically got told to come back to the ER if bleeding or cramps really ramp up in intensity, otherwise to follow up with OB on Monday to get hcg rechecked and ultrasound again. Cramps were gone overnight but amping up again now. Sent my older kiddo to church with my mom. Husband and toddler stayed home “to help” 😂