Do all x strap carriers feel similar to ergo embrace?

silvercaster

I currently have the ergo embrace but I’m ready to get something more supportive for my 6 month old. I don’t love how the x straps of the embrace make my traps and lower neck area feel tired/sore (even when the x is closer to my shoulder blades). Will a slightly more structured x style carrier also feel like that, or will it distribute the weight better? I’m considering the lark or mabe carrier. Possibly the wildbird aerial but I’m concerned it’ll feel too bulky.

Thanks for your help!

@silvercaster For me it didn't matter. The personal fit was key. I used woven wraps with an x back and it was comfortable, used another wrap and it felt heavy because the weaving and material was different. Used one mehdai and it was great, used another one where I really needed to pay attention to find the sweet spot. Used a carrier with an H strap that felt great, used a carrier with an H strap where I felt sore, used a carrier with an x where I felt sore,...

@silvercaster I had the ergo embrace and I had that issue with the soreness whenever I tried to use it. Then baby got bigger and a few months ago I switched to the lark and it feels much better. It feels much more supportive with the weight distribution and stay on the shoulder blades really well. My 6 months old loves it and it has some really nice prints. Highly recommended it over the mabe or aerial which I’ve tried too, they’re too bulky for me.

@silvercaster Hey sorry I just saw this reply a little late. I find the height panel great at this age. He can look out plenty and turn a bit without it being too low like some other carrier (Artipoppe for example) have been for us. When I first got it around 3/4 months I struggled with the panel being too high but once I did a fit check with the brand I was able to modify it to work better. He is pretty tall percentile while somewhere between 80-90% at this last appointment about 28 inches.

Back