Disneyland

soosh8005

3 days of Disneyland went relatively well. I’m not saying we couldn’t have done it if we had more than 1… but with how rider swap works I don’t think wife and I would have enjoyed it nearly as much if we had had more.

We took our almost 5 year old to Disneyland and had a great time, and we wouldn’t have had that same enjoyment (or maybe would have never attempted it) if we had had more children to worry about.

@soosh8005 We took our 3.5yo on a Disney cruise recently. It was great and I kept thinking how lucky we were to only have one kid. My husband and I were able to give each other a break with parenting duties and we were able to actually enjoy our vacation. This would’ve been so much harder with another child. On several occasions I noticed parents of multiples struggling and I did not envy them. I didn’t realize it before but I now think vacations are a major “pro” when it comes to being one and done!

@soosh8005 Disneyland is soooo much more enjoyable with one kid. We went with a bunch of friends who all have multiples and our stress was non existent compared to friends.

@magdalenab I know at Disneyworld you can walk up and say we need to do Rider swap. They let one person on then the next person after they are done.

It also works if you have a young kid that's scared to ride too. Like on a roller coaster or the hunted mansion.

@magdalenab Sure! You book the lightning lane for you and your partner on the app, and when you go to scan in you let them know you need to rider swap. They’ll scan your lightning lane and then open up your park tickets and they’ll scan your partners park ticket and they scan it with their app, and it creates a rider swap lightning lane pass for them.

So now you’ll go on the ride and when you’re done your partner can go.

Lightning lanes are based on time slots so the rider swap ignores that time slot once it’s created.

I’ll also say the Disney folks seem to be very understanding about kiddos. There was more than once we had to exit the line for bathroom breaks with the child and they allowed one of us to not lose our spot

@magdalenab Exactly. Like Indiana jones or Star Wars. Stuff that would have scared him or he simply said he didn’t want to do a couple of rides (we discovered he doesn’t like rides that aren’t outside. He doesn’t like being in the dark and having things that might jump at him)

@soosh8005 I'm so excited to take my child to Disneyland! I am thinking the summer she's turning four (2026) and I hope we can all enjoy it. I definetly wouldn't be taking her that young if I had another kid to look out for at the same time!

@soosh8005 We took our son to Disney when he was 10 months old, and it was a huge mistake. He wouldn't sleep even if we put him in bed with us, and he cried the entire time. We had to cut our trip short and return home 2 days earlier (we live in Florida and could just drive home). My son is now 1.5 years old, and I told my husband that I'm not going back to Disney until he's at least 5 years old. In fact, my husband recently inherited a Disney vacation club timeshare from his grandma who passed away, and he forfeited everything because we won't be returning to Disney anytime soon with our son. That trip was a nightmare. Just not worth it.

@davesnothere We had considered taking an early trip just for the adults but knew with amout. We were spending we’d want him to enjoy some too. I think about 5 was the perfect age because he still believed some of the magic.

Back