Cybex Priam, Gazelle and 2 under 2

flandaddy

I am nearly 25 weeks pregnant with my second. My son is only 11 months old and we are going to have a 14 month gap between them. Yikes!

My son has a Cybex Priam which we like. We saw the Gazelle and thought it might be better as a double stroller.

Does anyone know if the Priam pieces and cloud Z car seat will work with the Gazelle? My Priam is still new and I have all of the pieces for it. I'd like to avoid having to purchase the entire kit again as it's quite expensive.

@flandaddy Cybex parts general aren’t cross–compatible between models, so only Gazelle parts (seat, bassinet) work on the Gazelle, etc. All Cybex car seats work with all their car seat compatible strollers though, so you should have no problem using the one you already have.

If you’re considering the Gazelle and are in the US: I inadvertently discovered some inside information that they are releasing an updated version of the Gazelle on February 15. It will have the one–pull harness system that’s featured on the Priam. The old version of the Gazelle will remain on clearance until they sell out.

@flandaddy You might want to consider a ride on board either in addition or as a replacement. If you can stumble on until your kid can at least stand, it is a much easier to maneuver package (and truthfully in some ways nicer, I'd recommend looking at the gazelle in store, as there is a reason that the retail for the gazelle is like half of the Priam). I know that is hard as it quite possible (and totally normal) for your 11 month old not to stand confidently enough (or at all) for that to work , but things will change rapidly, and you may regret a double stroller.

As a stopgap if you are concerned (and I realize how crazy it can seem to have your kid on a ride board when they aren't walking), I'd seriously consider branching out into a push pull wagon, and getting the rideboard. That would give you a different option, and some flexibility (Also all the cool parents have wagons now 😉) Something like the veer cruiser, gives you a good bit of flexibility. Alternatively you might consider other stroller options your car seat will work with pretty much any European stroller.

The car seat will work, though it seems differing markets may require adapters as an additional purchase. As for other things like foot muffs, semi officially you have to switch to the cybex gold footmuff and all that, which is a bother (and not as good). Cybex's US site doesn't even have it as an option.

@flandaddy Have you thought about other brands? I didn't bought Cybex because they are built really bad.
Even showmodels in shops have problem with mounting seat. You need to target with other side of mounting even if one is already in, like flexing it because holes in seat are not perfectly the same width like on frame. Even cheap maxi cosis don't have that problem.

I have car seat from Cybex on my joolz stroller and gosh, I hate to mout it. I need to flex mounts bevause it's designed so bad. There was no problem with mounting maxi cosi on it. I will keep my car seat but Cybex is not so good in terms of quality.

Back