Cybex Cloud G Lux?

eshaun92

Does anyone have this car seat and can comment on how heavy it is? I was/am really into the Nuna Pippa Rx, but we’re leaning towards a Cybex stroller. My mom is convinced the Cybex must be safer bc the Nuna is so light. My husband also really likes the idea of the sensor. I’m just worried bc I tried lifting it in a store and it’s rather heavy even without a baby in it. Not sure if anyone has interacted with both car seats or can speak on which is better to have.

@eshaun92 Heavier doesn't mean the the carseat is safer. Both the cybex and the nuna have good safety features with the load leg and anti rebound bar.

The cybex has neat unique features such as the comfort extend recliner, and the air shell ventilation. Also L.S.P but honestly I'd say they are both as good as the other in terms of safety and ease of use. You can't really go wrong with either one. If you like the cybex features or even the cybex stroller (to integrate easily with the carseat) go with Cybex.

My wife was in love with Nuna at first sight with its aesthetic. The safety is still very good, my wife loves the nuna Mixx Next stroller, so it was a no brainer. I did however prefer the Silver Cross Reef or Uppababy Cruz v2, but wife didn't like the Cruz, and the Reef was a bit too pricey for our liking overall. We were never straying from the Pipa Aire rx though. Wife loved it, and that's what we are going with

@tricky1 Yeah we’re torn between the Gazelle, Mixx and Reef. Just waiting on memorial/summer sales to decide which to pick. I know if we get the Mixx we have to stay in the Nuna system. I’m just worried about them outgrowing it by 2.

@eshaun92 We have a 2 month old and got the gazelle s and the pipa lite rx. The car seat fits on the gazelle with the adapters that come standard with the gazelle which is great! We keep the car seat base in my husbands car and it’s so easy to use. We also just got back from a cross country plane trip and used the car seat without the base which was also super seamless and easy to take in and out of the car. As far as the stroller, the gazelle is amazing!!! We take it out every day for walks and have taken it to many stores too. We actually just took it to a baseball game a few days ago, we were in a big area, not actual seats, and it was easy peasy to bring along. I’m so happy with our decision on both the car seat and stroller so far!

Back