Carrier for warm weather?

fayanth

I really enjoy wearing my baby in a wrap but I’m pretty sure she’s overheated these days. It’s already 74 F (23 C) and it will only get hotter. Is there a good way to wear when it’s hot?

@fayanth I live in a really hot climate and my Happy Baby Carrier was great for summer. I think any lightweight fabric structured carrier would probably be the same. I never could get comfortable with a ring sling personally, but that option would be good too!

@fayanth I personally never fell in love with wrap carriers or ring slings. I did use my k’tan for a while, and they make a sport version of that.

If you are considering a structured carrier: My favorite carrier is the Tula FTG from a comfort perspective. I saw they came out with the Tula Lite and was intrigued. After using it for a few months, I’m definitely in love. It might fit what you are looking for because it’s made of super lightweight nylon meaning it breathes easily and is great for hot weather. It also dries super fast! Bonus: it packs down into a hip pack or has a GIANT storage pocket. It’s also very reasonable in price. Cons: doesn’t fit from birth, won’t fit for as long since it maxes out at 30lbs.

Back