Carrier for 1.5 year old that will last.

Hi all,

I'm in thr market for my, quite heavy and sturdy, nearly 18 month old.

I was on the verge of buying thr Tula toddler, but, as I was watching YouTube videos to see if it was easy to use, the person I was watching said it's best from 2 years old.

I do want to get something that I can front and back carry, but that will last until we don't want to baby wear anymore. I don't want to have to replace it in a years time.

I'm based in the UK. Does any one have any recommendations?

Thank you.

@anditsnotmybirthday Yes you have to go by length and clothing size. At 18 months old your baby will probably be too small for most toddler carriers.

Tula Toddler will fit from size 86/92.
Lenny Lamb preschool goes from size 86 to 122.

We personally have an Isara the one. That one goes from size 56 up to 104. So that might be an option. As a reference, my just 3yo is now in size 98 so still fits. He however doesn’t want to be worn around anymore.

@anditsnotmybirthday If you have a big baby, anything related to average baby size compared to average baby age is just bogus. My second baby was 30 pounds by 1 year old and we switched to a toddler carrier (Lenny Lamb Wrap-Tai) at that point. There's no way she'd fit in a regular size carrier now at 20 months.

Go by the recommended height/weight minimums of the carrier, and use your best judgement for your particular kiddo.

@anditsnotmybirthday Based in the U.K. I love the LennyPreschool, used since 14 months with our long baby.

ETA Lenny Lamb website includes measurements for their carriers.

Sheen Slings has a wide selection of carriers you can hire to try out and great advice videos.

@anditsnotmybirthday Just got a toddler Tula on sale for Mother’s Day (USA) and I had put off for a while because I wasn’t sure if I’d like it. I love it! I was concerned about the waistband but it will break in. When I get it adjusted properly she’s weightless! My daughter just turned 18 months and is 32” and 27.5 pounds, ish.

Back