Best Carrier?

xd005

Hello friends, I have a 16 lb 6 month old, and he absolutely hates the Tula carrier we have. I am tempted to buy an Artipoppe because of it’s famed comfort, support, and ease? But from different comments I’ve sifted through, some say it’s not any more comfortable than others? Also that they aren’t machine washable… I’ve also heard they are hard to return, and I can’t justify spending so much on one unless I’m sure it’s better than our other stupidly expensive carrier that didn’t work. Please let me know all your experiences and tell me if the unicorn even exists🙏

Here’s what I’m looking for:

-Comfort Cush and material for baby
-Ease to put on by myself
-Not bulky
-Breathable for summer/outside
-Tons of back support
-Machine washable
-Good for home wear AND walking a long ways
-Something that I can use for at least another year then transition to a new baby

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

@xd005 Have you posted a fit check? Some people say their baby hates the carrier but they actually don't have a good fit so baby is just uncomfortable for that reason. Might be worth checking to see if anyone can help troubleshoot before you spend more money on another carrier.

But if you've done fit checks and it's still not working.. you might want a meh dai or half buckle. You'll get lots of support and cush, without the bulk. H&P have amazing meh dais. I've tried Didytai and its also good. I haven't tried didyklick or Lenny lamb half buckle but I've heard great things.

If you're in Canada or US then you can do a try before you buy program through Little Zen one for free.

@tangledmoss I have not posted a fit check, I’m new here, but that’s not a bad idea. My little guy cries the instant I put him in and more as I start buckling. He seems pretty uncomfortable, but I’ve noticed he’s not nearly as upset when he’s in a soft wrap, which leads me to think it is a comfort thing?

Thanks for all these suggestions, I’ve made a list. I didn’t know about meh dai or half buckles. They look really comfortable!

@xd005 It's pretty normal for babies to get upset when you put them in the carrier. I would not give up that easily. Usually once you get them all buckled in and start moving they settle pretty quickly. Walking and bouncing once they're in really helps calm them down.

@xd005 I don’t have the Artipoppe but I do have several other carriers and I think the Ergo Omni Breeze would best fit your criteria! It’s got nice padding where baby’s legs sit and is very breathable and lightweight. It is machine washable and has padded back support which is amazing for long walks. I regularly am out and about with my baby in it for 1-2 hours at a time and we both love it!

Back