Baby girl names in the same genre as “Nellie”?

chadwick90

Basically we want our little one to have a “normal” name that doesn’t fall into the too old/too young category, if that makes sense. We aren’t a fan of the millennial trend of naming kids things like Brecken or Hadleigh or Leighleigh or… you get the gist. And we don’t want to name our daughter something that sounds too old like Gretchen or Myrtle. We really like the name Nellie, and think it fits the mid range for a name, but we also want to wait until after she’s born to choose the final name. Something about seeing our baby and meeting her before naming her just makes sense to us.

So basically, I’d love to hear your suggestions so we can have a bit bigger name pool to draw from when the day comes.

@chadwick90 Norah, Dot, Lydia, Rosie, Flora, Hattie, Lottie, Penny, Orla, Edie, Ettie, Winnie, Mona, Blythe, Dana, Milly, Cora

Edit: longer names with similar vibes; Felicity, Coraline, Penelope, Meredith, Eloise, Evangeline, Amelie, Loretta, Harriet, Georgina, Daphne, Annabelle, Danielle, Marlowe

@chadwick90 Nellie sounds not far off from Myrtle, imo. It isn't quite in the same category of super old names, per se, but it's closer to that end of the spectrum than it is to neutral.

Eleanor, Penelope, and Helena are names that can be shortened to Nellie and sound more current to me.
  • Nora
  • Evelyn
  • Ava
  • Anna
  • Violet
  • Stella
  • Sylvie/Sylvia
  • Lucy
  • Georgia
  • Melanie
  • Lily
  • Zoe