Baby Brother Names for a Theo NOT ending in letter O

Hi folks, sorry to come in with a bit of a challenging one!

In typical fashion my wife and I planned out and agreed on a girl name, but when we got the joyous news that we were having a baby boy we found ourselves stuck for boys names; she's got a ton she loves but I'm painfully picky as an extrovert who has always met someone with the same name (and had various degrees of "they were awesome" to "they ruined the name for me"). I acknowledge, it's a me problem, but hopefully someone can give us a suggestion we both love!

My wife is a big fan of more traditional classic english royalty-esque names (Alistair, Anthony), few more modern out there (Leon, Ambrose, River), and a few that violate my O rule (Emelio, Leo).

I just tend to say No which isn't very helpful, so I've tried to put together some of my criteria as I think it through:
- Not ending with the letter O: with a Theo, I figure when you're angrily yelling you don't want a "Leoooo" mistaken for an innocent "Theoooo!"
- Not a typical household object/colour/profession e.g., Baker, Bailey, Basil; it wouldn't work with our last name, and don't want baby #2 bullied.
- Preferably outside the top 50 names; my name is less common and I love it, so I'd prefer something that is less common.
- Preferably traditional spelling; to make my last point harder, I'm not looking for like a Tymothy, with my uncommon name people spell it incorrectly constantly so I'd like to avoid having that same issue for baby 2!
- I suppose I have a preference towards southern European names? But honestly no real clue.
- Bonus points if the name had "val" in it as an homage to family, but that's a very very difficult one, so easy to disregard.

I've tried to hedge the softer criteria, but I'd not really formally thought a lot of this through, so apologies if if I have to add more along the way...

Please let me know if there is anything I can clarify, appreciate the help!

@rodjonesinchrist Leon is a great pick, classic European feel but not super common. It’s unique but easily pronounceable and suitable for every stage of life and you can use Lee as a nickname instead of Leo to avoid Leo / Theo

Other options
Novel
Evan
Malcolm
Calvin
Vance
Chevy

@moma19 ... Wait... Shit. That's why my wife wanted Leon, so she could have Leo! I genuinely didn't realise this till now, and she's like "GOD DAMN IT YOU WORKED IT OUT". Thank you for the eye opener, even if she doesn't like Lee

Back