B-L-O-A-T

melissabrunet

Soooo I'm only 5 weeks and 5 days based on my last period, but I am so bloated that I look like I am 20-30 weeks preggo!! To be honest, I am 5'4" and 180 lbs with a lot of weight in my tummy, but wow this just makes me feel so awful. I can't even really suck it in because I am constantly drinking water. My meals have been small and spread out. I even wear regular buttoned pants anymore! I guess this is life now.

@melissabrunet My bloat went away at around 15 weeks. I'm 17 weeks now and look the same as I did 10w with my bloat! It sucks but maternity pants helped a TON! So comfy.

@melissabrunet Around week 14 I lost a lot of my bloat (that I didn't really know was bloat even though everyone here warned about it) and for a few days I thought, is something wrong? But no, it's part of the process. I swear I'm the same size now at 15 weeks that I was at 9 weeks! Don't worry, it'll get better :)

@melissabrunet I relate, I'm 5'9"/170lb carried mostly in my stomach to begin with (i get asked if I'm pregnant frequently :/ ) and this bloat is NOT helping. Some days are better than others, I've been trying to wear more dresses so I'm not busting out of my pants on the days it's bad...

@melissabrunet Ugh, the bloat. It was horrible for me. I will say, though, I'm over here at 26 weeks and looking back on pictures of when I thought I definitely looked way pregnant from the bloat, I just have to laugh at my former self. If only I looked that (relatively) tiny these days!

@melissabrunet 10w6d and I've gained one pound to date. And my jeans don't fit. I had a supervisor who I'm close to and knows I'm pregnant point to my belly and ask "is that you or the baby?" I laughed and said, "that's me and my gas." I swear it looks like I've gained 10 lbs at least!

Back