Australian cots and cosleepers

cmanders

Hi all, I'm trying to find low or no tox cosleepers and cots in Australia, does anyone have an recommendations?

I've managed to find custom cot and bassinet mattresses that I'm very happy with (Natural Bedding Company) before I've found an actual cosleeper or cot haha. So I'm not too worried if the item itself comes with a questionable mattress (e.g. organature) as long as the materials of the cot or cosleeper are safe I.e. low VOC, not treated, no flame retardants, no foam or minimal plastic...

I really want a cosleeper first but they are all made out of plastic, mesh and mystery fabric for the sides.

Most of the online recommendations are for American or European items which are difficult to get here (and are likely fumigated on their way in).

Any thoughts? I think I might be willing to make some sacrifices on the low tox cosleepers to have baby close at night. What did you end up going with?

@cmanders I will say to not entirely trust Boori’s advertising…they have some advertising about being the first nursery brand to be Greenguard Gold certified…but it turns out that’s an old certification, they haven’t gotten it updated, and I’m not clear what was actually certified.

We did end up buying a Boori crib (their paints are low VOC), but we had other specific things we wanted (dropside that was high quality/trustworthy, both bassinet and cot heights, smaller size, etc), so it was the option that worked within our budget. I focused more on the mattress (went with Quokka).

I think Pottery Barn has some cribs that are greenguard gold certified, they might have a co-sleeper?

Oh - and I’ve heard good things about IKEA’s stuff re non-tox, and there’s an IKEA hackers post about turning the Singlar into a co-sleeper, there might be similar posts for other IKEA cots too.

Back