Anyone have slow rising HCG and the pregnancy still ended up being viable?

michaelwayne57

I’ve had 1 miscarriage at 7 weeks, 1 confirmed chemical at 5 weeks, and 2 suspected chemicals (a couple of days of faint lines with period a day late with large clots) within the past 8 months.

I’m currently 11 DPO and have had a very faint positive the past 2 days. It is quite worrying as it looks like most of my chemicals where it doesn’t get noticeably darker. I haven’t had any spotting or unusual cramping. But I just don’t have a good feeling about this. I feel like I implanted around 8 DPO (felt distinct uterine twinges on the left side similar to all my past implantations) so the line should be much darker by now.

My most “successful” pregnancies (my 2 year old LC, and my 7 week loss - made it to heartbeat and HCG over 12,000), I had BFPs by 9 (7 week loss) and 10 DPO (LC). I had beautiful line progressions with both, by 14 DPO, HCG was already 200 - 400 and doubling in under 40 hours and dye stealers by 16 and 18 DPO (ironically my 7 week loss had the best HCG progression).

@michaelwayne57 If you arent getting hcg drawn then there's no way to know if you have slow rising hcg. My tests barely got darker and mine went from 25 to 225 in 3 days. It's really impossible to go by what pregnancy tests are doing.

@josephjurg Yes I know that but I’m asking more in terms of anecdotes of cases where hcg started low and progressed slowly. I’ve had now 4 pregnancies where hcg didn’t increase properly (and all ended before 5 weeks), and 2 pregnancies where it increased more than appropriately and it ended in a live birth and a later loss so in my experience, hcg seems to be somewhat indicative of a viable pregnancy.

@michaelwayne57 Everyone think hcg needs to double, but that’s just a generalization. at least a 60% increase in 48 hours is indicative of a viable pregnancy -as long as the embryo is healthy and has no genetic abnormalities.

@kaddy Even if early in pregnancy, like would say an HCG of 8 at 11 DPO, 14 at 13 DPO, 24 at 15 DPO, etc be ok? I’ve just honestly never seen numbers that low in viable pregnancies ever. I was at over 200 by 14 DPO in both of my clinical pregnancies (although I understand that average is like 100 at 14 DPO so both had way higher hcg than normal)

@michaelwayne57 It is but you cannot tell it from home tests. I can show you my tests, I did one 5dpt (10 dpo and it was the faintest ever), didn’t change much in the upcoming days, I was worried often, but my hcg from blood all rose appropriately.