Am i pregnant or should i be worried??

lisneige

Me and my husband have been trying to get pregnant. Inseminated 3 times this ovulation period. I track my periods religiously and period was due on 2/11 and I’m on day 38 of my cycle (6 days late now). I usually get sore breasts a week before my period and this time i have none at all. CM never dried up since ovulation occurred. and I’ve had period like cramps since 2/9 and still no period. All pregnancy tests come back negative. Currently having cramps, bloating, lower back pain, milky white CM and just uncomfortable all together. If I’m pregnant I’d be 5wks 5d since first day of my last period. No bleeding has occurred whatsoever. Any suggestions? I’m not sure what to do next.

@lisneige Without tracking ovulation, a test will be mostly accurate 2 weeks after the last time you had sex and definitive after 3 weeks. If the tests you took were within that timeline, you’re not pregnant and you ovulated late. If they weren’t within that timeline, you’ll have to test again to make sure.

@donaldbjohnson This Sunday will be 3w since last insemination. So two days from now. I’ve had symptoms of period coming like i usually get and I’ve NEVER been this long without a period. My cycles are always 30-32 days long.

@lisneige Ok, then if the tests you took were 2 weeks after the insemination, they’re accurate. Unfortunately, we can ovulate late for a million different reasons. For whatever reason, it’s also not uncommon for cycles to change/delayed ovulation to occur when ttc. Maybe it’s because of the stress of ttc? Unfortunately, the negative tests mean you’re not pregnant from that insemination.

If you’re able to, I’d highly recommend tracking ovulation through opks or temping. It really helps give you more information about your ovulation dates and more insight if your cycles do change. r/tryingforababy has great info on this in their wiki.

@donaldbjohnson Here's a sneak peek of /r/TryingForABaby using the top posts of the year!

#1: TTC groups are beyond unhinged and I am thankful for this sub

#2: Something special just happened and I want to share.

#3: I gave away everything to a baby that doesn’t exist

[sup][sup]I'm[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]a[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]bot,[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]beep[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]boop[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Downvote[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]to[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]remove[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Contact[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Info[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Opt-out[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]GitHub[/sup][/sup]

@lisneige Ok, so in that case, opks can help predict ovulation but can’t confirm it. It’s possible that your body tried to ovulate, which the opk predicted, but wasn’t able to and attempted again later. Which would cause ovulation to be delayed and in turn, your period.

I didn’t track my bbt, but I know r/tryingforababy has info in their wiki and r/tfabchartstalkers may as well. I believe r/famnnfp may also have info on temping for both trying to avoid and conceive.

@lisneige You could keep taking pregnancy tests and try to wait for the BFP but the quickest definitive way would be a blood test done by your doctor/clinic. Those will tell you if you are or not and they are rarely wrong.