Airport/Plane travel tips

seth528hz

We have finally plucked up the courage to book a foreign holiday with our 28 month old (f) twins. Not a long flight, UK Heathrow (T5) to Greece (Thessaloniki).

Thankfully due to an abundance of air miles we’ve booked BA Club Europe (short haul, business class), so we’ve got a whole row of 6 seats to ourselves.

As this is our first experience of airport and aircraft with the girls (we’ve travelled loads before they arrived) so was wondering what people’s tips are for making this as fun/stress free as possible?

Thanks!

@seth528hz Snacks, snacks, and more snacks. My husband thought i was insane with all the snacks I brought, but we went through almost everything.

If it's a short flight, not sure you will have in flight entertainment you can rely on. So i would bring some activities. We had a coloring book that you had a pen filled with water to reveal the picture, a couple of cheap cars, and a pop it toy.

Board towards the end so that your toddlers can move around and get energy out and not just sitting on the plane bored while every one boards.

I don't know what time your flight is, but if there is any chance that any of your flights will land close to nap time or bed time, bring two umbrella strollers to use. Don't want to be carrying a tired 2 year old through an airport terminal when you land.

Back