Advise

I’m not really sure exactly what day I’m suppose to start my period all I know my period usually come either the last week of a month of the first week of the following month doing a estimate I have about week until I’m suppose to start my period I took a couple test they are all negative so of course I’m waiting until i get my period n test if I don’t come on I hate waiting anyone else had this problem we’re u pregnant at the end

@athenstojerusalem Then you should be tracking ovulation with temping and OPKs. When you know when you ovulate then you’ll know when to test or when to expect your period. Implantation happens about 8-10 days after ovulation and then it takes a day or two for hcg to rise to get a positive. When not pregnant, a period starts about two weeks after you ovulate.

@athenstojerusalem Ovulations tests will help you predict when you might ovulate and temping will confirm when you ovulate after the fact.

There are only about 5/6 days a cycle where sex can get you pregnant and the max chance of pregnancy each cycle is only about 30%. It’s normal to take up to a year to conceive with no fertility issues and with perfect timing.

@athenstojerusalem When you chart your cycle try not to base it on the day of the months because different months have different numbers of days- and the typical cycle length of 28 days is shorter than the average month which can complicate things.

Just be patient. Be patient with yourself and patient with your body. It very difficult not to concentrate on every twinge and symptom, or speculate on when you may or may not have gotten pregnant and much easier to actually know by actively charting your cycle with temperature, day, cervical mucous, hormones ext. This way you know exactly which phase of the cycle you’re in- follicular (where the egg prepares your follicles on the ovary to release and egg and your uterus prepares a thick rich lining in which for your egg to implant), ovulatory (the 24 hours from when the egg is released to its end of viability), luteal ( the phase in which your egg travels to the uterus and implant if it is fertilized), and menstruation (where your body sheds it’s lining should a an egg fail to be fertilized or to implant properly in the uterus)- or pregnancy 🤰🏼.

It’s super helpful to know where you’re at, and not just for pregnancy. Charting your cycle can help you plan out your whole life more effectively, as we’re more energetic and creative in our follicular phase, and more calm and focused in our luteal phase, ext. please consider cycle tracking for ease of pregnancy planning in the future- but I really hope you won’t have to for another 9 months!!

Keep in mind it can take healthy couples 6 months to a year of trying to get pregnant- so if it doesn’t happen right away, don’t worry, you’re not broken 🙂

Back