Advice Regarding Ex Using 6 Year Old's Image On Amazon Product

bnicole

Her sister works for a toy company and has used my 6 y/o son's image without my consent, for a toy listed on Amazon, and it's been there for 7~ months.

I try to be vigilant about publishing his pictures online but now countless strangers can now see this pic of him.

Not sure if I have cause to act, am I overreacting and wrong to feel angry?

@bnicole Presumably your ex gave consent. Yours probably isn't needed. It's nice if if your coparent gets your permission for stuff like this but it's probably not required or legally necessary unless it's specifically in your parenting plan.

@katrina2017 Generally they only need one legal guardian's (cough: parent's) consent.

About the only thing that requires both parents consent are potentially medical things, and crossing international borders.

@bnicole I’m unsure of the laws, but if after a simple asking to take it down and conversation how especially consent in that situation would be at minimum considerate doesn’t happen, contact a lawyer. Get something in the agreement if it’s against a law in your state. I would feel extremely uncomfortable and definitely try to get it taken down.