9 days on Slynd

cmoi

So I started Slynd 9 days ago and experienced the headaches and dehydration immediately but have been able to combat that with additional water intake and ibuprofen but then I started my period 3 days ago (early) and have been dealing with these super crazy muscle spasms in my right hand and arm since? Is this something that anyone else has experienced? I messaged my doctor but it’s a Sunday so she’s not gonna see it until at least tomorrow.

@cmoi Muscle spasms could be a sign that your potassium is too high. That’s a rare side effect of Slynd and other pills that have that exact form of progesterone. Definitely worth a call to your doctor!

@cmoi Is there any kind of after hours line? That might be a better option here. Here’s what Slynd says about the potassium issue on their website:

“High potassium levels in your blood (hyperkalemia). Certain medicines and conditions can also increase the potassium levels in your blood. Your healthcare provider may check the potassium levels in your blood before and during treatment with SLYND. Call your healthcare provider or go to a hospital emergency room right away if you have signs or symptoms of high potassium levels in your blood including:
weakness or numbness in an arm or leg.
palpitations (feel like your heart is racing or fluttering) or irregular heartbeat.
nausea. vomiting.
severe pain in your chest.
shortness of breath.”

@dcb22 So I will say I don’t have any of those symptoms, it’s literally just muscle spasms. I still have full strength and sensation in all of my limbs, no elevated heart rate or palpitations, etc.

@cmoi As long as it’s not weakness/numbness it’s probably ok to wait til she gets back to you on Monday then. Obviously, if it progresses and you do start getting any of those scary symptoms, then I’d try to get seen earlier

@dcb22 Oh yeah definitely if anything feels concerning, I’ll be making an ER trip. Wouldn’t come to Reddit about something that I thought seemed actually concerning based off my google searches I had already done. I just couldn’t find a single thing anywhere specifically about muscle spasms and this medication.

I’m honestly wondering if it’s low sodium causing it. My sodium levels have always been low and with feeling dehydrated since starting Slynd I’ve been almost doubling my water intake

Back