8mo wakes up at 5:30AM regardless of bed time

theartseed

Bedtime is between 6 and 7. He's asleep no more than 30min after being put in his crib. He always wakes up a 5:30. He needs to be changed/fed, but will need a nap nor more than an hour later. One night we didn't get him down until 8 and I thought he would sleep until 630 or later. Nope, up at 5:30.

It isn't time change related b/c he was still waking up at 5:30 before the time change. So I assumed something was waking him up in his room. I guessed it was our thermostat b/c I have it set to bring the temp from 65 to 70 by 6AM, so I thought that could be disturbing him. I pushed that back an hour and he still wakes up at 5:30.

If he was waking up and was ready for the day, I'd leave it alone and let him go. But since he needs a nap an hour after getting up, I'd like to see if there are any ideas out there for getting him to sleep an extra hour or so...or if this is just life for now.

@earthenjars I feel that. Every baby is different. But I will say night feed weaning and sticking to a reliable nightly routine has helped us tremendously along the way. We weaned off the night feeding EARLY and it was a total game changer. Our LO has had some ups and downs since then but overall we can consistently expect him to go down at night and sleep at least 10 hours with minimal wakings.

Back