7 month old won’t drink hypoallergenic formula

forhisglory115

My daughter was diagnosed with cows milk allergy. The doctor told us to only give her formula so she knows it’s the only option. Also, I’ve seen many people say babies won’t starve themselves. It’s been 11 hours of her refusing the formula.

Seems like other people have gone through this? How long did your babies not eat before giving in?

I’ve tried Kroger brand, Alimentum, and currently trying nutramigen.

Edit: thanks for the responses everyone! After 13 hours she is taking 50/50 breast milk/ nutramigen Hopefully I can ween her off breastmilk as there just wasn’t enough and she was losing weight :(

@forhisglory115 I had to wean my baby onto hypoallergenic and then amino acid based formula. I’d take whatever they were drinking and do like 1/2 regular and 1/2 hypoallergenic. By the next day or two they would be drinking 100% of the hypoallergenic or amino acid formula.

@forhisglory115 We changed 20mls of the bottle each day when we swapped our guy over. By the time it was about 60% new formula we tried a 100% bottle and he took to it done. I’m in the UK so have different brands so can’t comment on that part I’m afraid.

@forhisglory115 What temperature are you offering? I've heard some babies take it better when cold because it makes it taste less bad (I don't recommend tasting it yourself unless you like gross old parmesan cheese).

Our LO has taken alimentum, nutramigen, and generic hypoallergenic, but she's always had cold formula so it's hard to tell if that would have made a difference for her.

@dashunds7 Just wanted to add here… for nutramigen (idk about the other HAs) you’re supposed to serve it cold/room temp. If you warm it, it kills the probiotics. Not an absolute game over, but the cans themselves say not to warm.

I am not at all saying poster above suggested this. I just wanted to add this since a lot of people seem to be unaware of this and I just recently found out LOs daycare has been warming his bottles… 😵‍💫

Back