3% Morphology. Should we keep trying? (X-post still trying)

aliciaew

My husband had a Kruger Normal Forms of 3%. Everything else was good:

Ph 8.3

Concentration 36M/ml

Count 147.6 million

55% motility

But abnormal heads was 97%, abnormal midpiece 10%, abnormal tail 6%

What are our monthly chances now? Should we just wait to see the fertility doc and stop trying for a while? Do we officially have MFI? Would bd'ing twice a day during FW increase our chances?

@aliciaew So a normal morphology is 4% so it’s not too bad. Also morphology is a controversial measurement as in some doctors think it matters and some don’t. I think all your other numbers are good. So I wouldn’t worry until you speak to the doctor. I also wouldn’t stop trying either.

@ka__f Wow that is fantastic. I wonder if different issues mean different things? Like his was all head issues. I've read that disfigured heads can't properly burrow into the egg.

@aliciaew For what it's worth, my husband's first SA showed 2% morph so they had him do a second SA. Everything was normal/in range for his second one, so you may want to consider requesting a follow-up test to confirm the results if you haven't already.

@katrina2017 I think we'll have to get one again when we see the fertility doctor. He's going to add some supplements and take colder showers and hopefully his sperm will be in better shape in three months! It's just alarming that the tails and midpiece are mostly fine, but the heads are almost all fucked

@aliciaew My husband showed 0% morphology (all head defects, everything else normal) and he wasn’t concerned. I’m still concerned but we are still trying.

@arester I assume that head defects mean they are going to where they need to go, but they have trouble penetrating the egg. And the defects are just the packaging, but the contents are normal.