12 Days

whileundergrace

Menstrual Start date 03/16/20 end date 03/19/20 average cycle 38 days

Husband and I had sex using a copper IUD for protection on 04/13/20 and 04/15/20 I have used only this for protection for the past 4 years

I am currently 12 days l a t e according to my period tracking app that I have been using for the past 5 years. My average cycle is 38 days and my periods last anywhere from 4-6 days. The last period ending at the 5 day mark. I have been having a bit stronger cramps than usual, was bloated for a few days, and have lost my appetite in the past 3 days. It has steadily gotten worse each day and today I felt almost ill after eating and only ate half of my meals before they went from tasting good to not so great and suddenly repulsive. Usually before my period starts my beasts will swell up and become tender before now but that hasn't happened since my last period. I can't afford to buy anything right now I don't have any money so I can't even buy a dollar store test.

Any advice or input is appreciated thank you. :)

@whileundergrace There is no way to know without a pregnancy test. IUDs are very effective. It’s very possible you ovulated late and that’s why your period is late. Do you live near a planned parenthood? You can get a test there for free. If you think you are pregnant then you should definitely take a pregnancy test. A pregnancy with an IUD could be ectopic or have serious complications.

@gilliannno I completely agree. I didn't even give atopic pregnancy a thought but this could be really serious. Thank you again it is probably nothing but I deffinetly don't want to let this progress unchecked on the off chance that it is something. You could have just saved my life thank you.

Back