1 month old hasn’t pooped in 3 days after pooping everyday/every other day

gattacinza

Should I be worried? To take everything into consideration, I recently tested positive for covid. My 1 month old is now under my MIL care until i test negative and am able to take care of baby again. My baby hasn’t pooped in 3 days…this might sound normal, but she usually poops everyday, if not every other day. There’s been no changes in her formula. She doesn’t have covid. She’s eating and peeing just fine. Everytime she gets up to eat she’s super fussy though, as if she’s trying to poop but can’t. Is there anything I can give her laxative wise to help it flow?

@gattacinza My ped says it’s normal for her to not poop every day. Does she seem in pain? If so, then I would take her in. If not, I would try some massaging of the belly and leg movements to try to move things or a warm towel on the belly. In another day or two, if she’d still not gone, then I’d talk to ped.

@gattacinza I’d talk to your pediatrician. They told us that as long as when she tries to and there’s poop, there’s no problem. But if she’s actively trying and there’s nothing, then we should contact them.

@gattacinza I know breastfed babies can go up to 8 days without pooping and it's normal, I'm going to assume that it's similar for formula fed and so long as she is eating, peeing, and not in distress she is ok.