1.3 AMH / 8.10 FSH - 25 years old

neorpheus

(25 years old) I just had my preconception bloodwork done and will be doing an egg retrieval in the next two months -- My AMH came back at 1.3 which seems really low, my FSH is 8.10. Nothing really out of range, but I was hoping to do a low stim treatment to avoid pumping myself full of hormones + OHSS. Wondering how these numbers look to you guys? I figured my AMH would be higher at my age. I've had 1 ovarian cyst that I knew about that went away within 1 month, but not diagnosed with anything. Never taken any medications on a regular basis.

@neorpheus I’m 29 and my AMH was also 1.3. I did two egg retrievals, first got 18 eggs and second got 15 eggs. So 33 eggs total turned into 25 frozen day 3 embryos.

@roms916 That’s amazing! Do you know if they did a more aggressive protocol for stims? I originally, before the bloodwork, was going to ask for the least amount possible since I was scared of OHSS, but knowing my AMH, I’m not sure how I feel anymore

@neorpheus Im not sure if it was considered aggressive or not as I'm not sure what's "standard" but it was kinda time sensitive for me as I was doing it before stating chemotherapy so we had a short window.

I was on 150 Menopur and 300 of Gonal F, a few days into both retrievals my Gonal was reduced to 225. Then they added Ganirelix. The first round I triggered with 3300 HCG and 4 Lupron and 2nd was same Lupron dose but only 2500 HCG. My estrogen levels were slightly high (close to 5000) so I was prescribed Cabergoline vaginal suppositories after both retrievals which helps prevent OHSS! You could always ask for this as well.

I was also worried about OHSS but was totally fine! My first retrieval I was a little bloated and sore but it was also only a few weeks after I also had major abdominal surgery. My 2nd retrieval I had legit no symptoms afterward and my estrogen was even higher but I did start the Cabergoline a day early.

I would be transparent with them about your concerns and I'm sure they can tailor your medications ☺️

@alycat Would just going off hormonal birth control falsely lower my AMH temporarily?

I had just gotten off hormonal birth control (after being on it for 10+ years) only 1 month before I had to do an egg retrieval. My AMH was only 1.3 at 29 so I’m curious if it would be higher now that I’ve been off of it closer to a year.

@alycat CRP is in norm limits, never tested ovulation since my wife and I are doing R-IVF! This is the first blood work or monitoring I’ve done for my cycles and I’ve not really ever seen an OB in general.

@neorpheus Did they test at the right day? And how is your Vitamin D? When testing at the correct day and taking Vitamin D my AMH more than doubled (and I had it checked for like 5 years, so I am confident in the results). Maybe there is something else, but these were the only factors I found plausible to explain this.

@neorpheus First half is already the better time, but you should definitely work on getting the Vitamin D up! One study I found says in general population AMH is 18% higher in summer than in winter due to Vitamin D and that includes everyone. So for those that really are deficient in winter it is probably quite a bit more.

Back